tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Krasilnikov" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat setup with IIS
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:00:40 GMT
  I have the same problem. Try to add port number into your browsers query string. For example,
  It will be work, but of course this is not a convenient way of problem's solution. As far
as i know this problem is character of win2000/iis5 configuration.

    Ok, I realize that this is my third email on this topic but I'm pretty sure I'm real close
    missing something small.

    I followed the "how to" documentation to set up Tomcat with IIS. I have the green arrow
in my
    ISAPI filters, the jakarta virtual directory and the registry entries. I've checked and
double checked
    these. I'm running Tomcat 3.1 under win2k. I got to the point in the "how to" where we're
    to be able to run the examples. I've tried running these only to be staring at the
    "The page cannot be found" error. Now I'm a little unclear as to whether or not I needed
to create a
    virtual directory to point to the examples directory so I tried that, same error. I have
checked access
    on both the jakarta and the examples directories they looked fine (gave all out access
on both, just
    to be sure). Now there are a few things that I thought were odd
    1) Directory browsing was turned on for the examples virtual directory and yet I was unable
to browse
        the directory. I created a temp directory pointing to the same directory (c:\tomcat\webapps\examples)
        and I can browse going through that one. I can bring up the index.html but, as expected,
trying to run
        a jsp page it just loaded the source for the page into the browser.

    2) Both the and files reference ajp12 yet my
        sets ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12. I've tried playing with this and it didn't seem
to have any effect.

    I have checked and rechecked that all the paths are correct and they seem to be. I'm attaching
    isapi.log file which really doesn't seem to contain a lot.

View raw message