tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed" ...@jsq.co.uk>
Subject Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 10:00:44 GMT
You should not be trying to directly communicate to the 8007 port at all.  Stop it.  You talk
to the web-server then *it* talks to the 8007 port.  It is supposed to be transaparent.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Maurizio Calcara
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 10:32 AM
  Subject: Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM

  Hi Rob,
  thank's for your help.
  Unfortunately I'm trying to use ajpv12 as communication protocol (ajpv12://localhost:8007),
but Netscape says "Netscape is unable to locate the server ajpv12:.".
  Are there other configurations that have to be made on the server ??
  Thank you again,
      Maurizio

  "Rob S." wrote:

    'allo,We did the same thing when we were installing Tomcat =) The protocol used to communicate
with Tomcat on port 8007 is ajpv12.  You're trying to use HTTP.  By default, that port is
meant for webserver-Tomcat communication.Hope it helps!- r