tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Toby Piper" <tpi...@CompCraft.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat setup with IIS
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:44:07 GMT
Regarding the index.jsp issue.

Look at the WEB.XML file for that app. You can specify in the
WELCOME-FILE-LIST tag (near the end of the file in mine) a WELCOME-FILE tag
that has INDEX.JSP as it value. Then - according to the info I have - if you
don't specify a file (just the path) it will serve up the JSP file. My
example file also has INDEX.HTML, and INDEX.HTM files in the list. If you
have more than one of them in your directory I don't know which one is
served.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Joe Shirey [mailto:jshirey1@home.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 10:44 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: RE: Tomcat setup with IIS

  In my limited experience with Tomcat 3.1/IIS 5.0 when you specify the port
you are bypassing IIS and talking directly to Tomcat.  In order to have IIS
redirect to Tomcat on port 80 (as long as you get the green up arrow in the
IIS manager) you need to modify your uriworkers.properties file to include
the following lines (for the examples):

  /examples/*=ajp12
  /examples/servlet/*=ajp12

  This will cause Tomcat to serve up all files in the examples directory.
If you want IIS to serve up static content, you need to create a virtual
directory to point to your examples directory and change the
uriworkers.properties file to tell Tomcat to serve only jsp and servlet
files:

  /examples/*.jsp=ajp12
  /examples/servlet/*=ajp12

  The only issue I still have has to do with the default document.  If I
tell IIS that index.jsp is a valid default document, IIS will send it to the
browser without allowing Tomcat to process the page - the raw jsp is sent to
the browser.  If I don't tell IIS about index.jsp, I get a directory listing
denied page (since I have directory browsing turned off).  In this case, I
have to specify the default document.

  HTH,
  Joe