tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Haischt" <sirab...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Setup help.
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2000 07:41:52 GMT
hiya,

try to put your bean into

   C:\TOMCAT\WEBAPPS\ROOT\WEB-INF\CLASSES

now you should be able to access your bean via

   http://www.yourhost.com/servlet/myBean.Contact

regards

daniel haischt
--

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Leach" <jleach@mail.ocis.net>
To: <sirabyss@gmx.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2000 8:54 PM
Subject: Setup help.

> hi,
>
> I need a bit of help getting my bean to work with Tomcat. I am pretty sure
it`s just a lack of understanding of the document sturcture in Jakarta, and
a lack of Docs I have found walking me through the proces.

> For the time being, I am using Windows NT 4 (untill I decide on a version
of Linux (freebsd at the moment)).  I have put tomcat in D:\tomcat, and
believe I have the paths set up OK.  I just don`t know how to tell tomcat
where by test bean
> `myBean.Contact` is located.  I assume I need to write an entry for the
web.xml, but have failed in all my vaiations.

> Can somone lend a hand, or point me to some decent docs on how to do this?
>
>      Thanks,
>      J.
>
>      This is what it give me in when I run the show:
>
>      Internal Servlet Error:
>
>      org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for

JSPD:\tomcat\work\localhost_8080\_0002forillia_0002fSetName_0002ejspSetName_
jsp_0.java:60:
>      Class myBean.Contact not found.
>                      myBean.Contact contactbean = null;
>                            ^

D:\tomcat\work\localhost_8080\_0002forillia_0002fSetName_0002ejspSetName_jsp
_0.java:63:
>      Class myBean.Contact not found.
>                          contactbean= (myBean.Contact)
>                                              ^

D:\tomcat\work\localhost_8080\_0002forillia_0002fSetName_0002ejspSetName_jsp
_0.java:68:
>      Class myBean.Contact not found.
>                                  contactbean = (myBean.Contact)
>      Beans.instantiate(getClassLoader(), "myBean.Contact");
>                                                       ^

D:\tomcat\work\localhost_8080\_0002forillia_0002fSetName_0002ejspSetName_jsp
_0.java:91:
>      Method GetParameter(java.lang.String) not found in interface
>      javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
>                              if ( request.GetParameter("name") != null )

>                                                       ^
>      4 errors
>
>              at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:247)
>              at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
>              at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:149)

>              at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:161)

>              at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)
>              at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
>              at
>              at

>              at
>
>              at