tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Tuloup" <guillaum...@soho-informatique.net>
Subject Working with the Jakarta NT service
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:05:58 GMT
Hello,

  I follow all the points you described in the HTML file available at http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/NT-Service-howto.html
to wrap the Tomcat servlet container and execute it in the background as an NT service but
I've encountered the following problem with the examples given in Tomcat :

  - all the JSP files don't work anymore (they worked with the .bat file provided in the archive
of the last version of Tomcat)
  -  the last example for the servlet (ServletSession example) returns this exception :
Error: 500
Location: /cool/servlet/SessionExample
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpSession: method getAttributeNames()Ljava/util/Enumeration;
not found
	at SessionExample.doGet(SessionExample.java, Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:715)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
	at org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I tried to modify the file wrapper.property but in vain, I always have these errors.
One thing I couldn't understand is why with the bat files it works perfectly and not with
the wrapper !
The command lign is almost the same !
Have you heard this problem before ? Could you give me a little help ?
Guillaume Tuloup.