tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Toby Piper" <tpi...@CompCraft.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat contexts.
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:29:17 GMT
I figured it out. It seems that I have to re-boot to get (I guess) the ISAPI
filter to serve the contexts. Just stopping and just restarting IIS didn't seem
to do it. However when I reboot THEN all of the contexts that appear in the
Tomcat DOS window are served.

Anybody know how to really kill the ISAPI DLL filter w/o having to reboot? I'm
assuming that NT isn't removing it from memory when IIS is stopping.
It might be something else that's sticking around in memory but that seems like
the most likely culprit to me.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Toby Piper [mailto:tpiper@CompCraft.com]
  Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 9:11 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: Tomcat contexts.

  Hi All,

  I have Tomcat sort of working but the only context that I can get served is
the examples that comes with Tomcat. I have tried adding other contexts in the
different config files. Nothing seems to work.

  If I add my servlets to the examples directory they will run fine there but
not if in a different context. I can't even seem to get it to serve static pages
in a different context.

  Looking at the Tomcat startup output it shows that it is loading the various
contexts but won't actually serve them.

  There are a bunch of config files (*.conf, *.xml, *.properties) in the conf
directory that comes with the binary distribution. However some of them appear
to be either redundant or in conflict with each other. Which of these files are
actually needed?

  I am using Tomcat on IIS 4.0.

  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

  Thanks in advance,