tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Todd" <clt...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject RE: ApJServSecretKey -- aargghh!
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 00:35:25 GMT
Russell-

I ran into a similar problem with ApacheJServ 1.1, but I am not quite sure
what the Tomcat equivalent would be.

It turns out that with ApacheJServ, the ApJServSecretKey directive must have
the same value (either DISABLED or a file name) in both httpd.conf _and_
jserv.properties.  If they are different, then mod_jserv.c will try to
handshake with the servlet engine forever, and none of your servlet requests
will get served up.

Now, I do not know the tomcat equivalent of jserv.properties, but there
might be a line in that file that specifies ApJServSecretKey, and it needs
to be set to DISABLED (especially since, to my knowledge, Tomcat does not
yet support the ApJServSecretKey mechanism anyway).

If I am way off base, and Tomcat doesn't work like Apache JServ in this
respect, I apologize in advance for leading you astray.

Sincerest regards,
Chris Todd
Software Engineer
Alabanza Corporation