tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Patton" <dpat...@mvsn.com>
Subject RE: Building mod_jserv on Solaris 2.6
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:44:55 GMT
We just did this yeaterday, and ran into the same problem you are having.
Apparently the version of Apache we had did not have DSo support built in
and it also did not have the mod_jserv.so built in.  We needed to recompile
Apache with DSO support and the mod_jeserv directly in it.  That worked.
Take a look at the following:

Tomcat Users guide
http://java.apache.org/jserv/install/howto.unix_install.html
http://www.apache.org/docs/install.html

Hope this helps

Dave Patton

-----Original Message-----
From: Campbell, Matthew [mailto:matthew.campbell@intervoice-brite.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 1:55 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Building mod_jserv on Solaris 2.6

I need to install Tomcat on a Solaris 2.6 system, and I want to build the
mod_jserv module from Tomcat so that I can integrate Tomcat with Apache 1.3.
So I got the jakarta-tomcat.tar.gz archive for Tomcat 3.1, and it looks like
I have to get the Apache source and rebuild Apache in order to build
mod_jserv.  Is this correct?  If not, how should I build mod_jserv?

Thank you.

--
Matthew Campbell
(316) 631-3129