tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Toby Piper" <tpi...@CompCraft.com>
Subject Tomcat contexts.
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:10:31 GMT
Hi All,

I have Tomcat sort of working but the only context that I can get served is
the examples that comes with Tomcat. I have tried adding other contexts in
the different config files. Nothing seems to work.

If I add my servlets to the examples directory they will run fine there but
not if in a different context. I can't even seem to get it to serve static
pages in a different context.

Looking at the Tomcat startup output it shows that it is loading the various
contexts but won't actually serve them.

There are a bunch of config files (*.conf, *.xml, *.properties) in the conf
directory that comes with the binary distribution. However some of them
appear to be either redundant or in conflict with each other. Which of these
files are actually needed?

I am using Tomcat on IIS 4.0.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,