tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "trang le" <le...@bellsouth.net>
Subject tomcat 3.2 b2
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:12:09 GMT
I am using tomcat 3.2 b2 on window98 with the ENV set to max(32k).

It seems that the main problem with tomcat 3.2 b2 is  "out of environment space":

1. tomcat did not run if I have a database (like DB2) on the same machine.

2. without the database, I managed to make it run with the following tweakings:

        a. remove the "%tomcat_opts% -classpath %cp%" from each command line.

        b. replace the run time classpath with the one similar to tomcat 3.1's ( result of
action in a. ).

        c. replace the line in startup.bat " call %tomcat_home%\bin\tomcat..." with "call
c:\jakart~1\bin\tomcat..."(  sometimes this was not necessary ! ).

        d. startup from a DOS window( to reduce memory requirement ).

Please give some feedback.

TIA