tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ALEXANDROS KOTSIRAS" <ALEXANDRO...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: httpd.conf and tomcat-apache.conf
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:03:59 GMT
It' pretty straightforward :

------------------------------------- tomcat.conf  -----------------------------------
ApJServDefaultHost appserver.domain.com
ApJServDefaultPort 8007
# the above two lines will be overwritten  in the ApJServMount directives

# Mounting the first context on Tomcat_1

ApJServMount /joe ajpv12://appserver.domain.com:8007/joe

# Mounting the second context on Tomcat_2

ApJServMount /bill ajpv12://appserver.domain.com:8008/bill

Tomcat_1  :  server.xml
<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler" value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>

Tomcat_2 : server.xml

<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler" value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8008"/>

The only difference is the port number. In case  you run the 2 Tomcats on different hosts
you can use 8007 for both since the hostname will diferentiate them.

        </Connector>