tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Server.HTMLEncode( String ) ?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 19:15:12 GMT
'allo Bruce,

> No, but it isn't too hard to implement yourself; there are only four
> characters you need to escape: <>&"

I'm more of the "even if its easy, why bother if it's already there" type of
guy.  I'm no expert on HTML, and thought maybe someone had something more
useful or that thought of something I didn't.  I ended up writing one last
nite just for the funk of it, in case there wasn't one.

> Why do you shiver at VBScript when you're willing to use JSP, which may
> be theoretically more elegant but isn't any easier in practice?

Hmm... everything being a variant, having to use it on an MS platform unless
you want to go with a p.o.s. like iASP and products like it, I think
Chilisoft's being the other.  I guess those would be two of the many
reasons, off the top of my head ;)

- r