tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Deployment...
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:33:16 GMT
Probably want to comment this Connector out since Apache will be doing that
for us.

>         <Connector
> className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
>             <Parameter name="handler"
> value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
>             <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
>         </Connector>

Here's your context-mounting lines, but...

> ApJServMount /examples /root
> ApJServMount /vendor /root

...in your server.xml file, there's no context w/path "/root".  These lines
should read:

> ApJServMount /examples /examples
> ApJServMount /vendor /vendor

Check your tomcat.log file.  When you load Tomcat, it should include:

ContextManager: Adding context Ctx( /examples )
ContextManager: Adding context Ctx( /vendor )

These are the Context's which may be where the XXX's are:

> ApJServMount /examples /XXXX
> ApJServMount /vendor /XXXX

Notice there's no /root context loaded.  If you want the default/ROOT
context, your mount point should be just a slash, like:

> ApJServMount /examples /
> ApJServMount /vendor /

But that means both paths would be mounted to the same Context, and I'm
positive that's not what you want.

HTH!

- r