tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat contexts.
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 01:14:57 GMT
Would you be able to paste the relevant portion(s) of your server.xml and
httpd.conf files?

Have you checked the $TOMCAT_HOME/logs directory?  Specifically the
tomcat.log file - it tells you which Context(s) are being loaded.

You should also be using Tomcat 3.2 beta.  Fixes lots of stuff.

- r
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Toby Piper [mailto:tpiper@CompCraft.com]
  Sent: July 13, 2000 9:11 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: Tomcat contexts.

  Hi All,

  I have Tomcat sort of working but the only context that I can get served
is the examples that comes with Tomcat. I have tried adding other contexts
in the different config files. Nothing seems to work.

  If I add my servlets to the examples directory they will run fine there
but not if in a different context. I can't even seem to get it to serve
static pages in a different context.

  Looking at the Tomcat startup output it shows that it is loading the
various contexts but won't actually serve them.

  There are a bunch of config files (*.conf, *.xml, *.properties) in the
conf directory that comes with the binary distribution. However some of them
appear to be either redundant or in conflict with each other. Which of these
files are actually needed?

  I am using Tomcat on IIS 4.0.

  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

  Thanks in advance,