tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "trang le" <le...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: tomcat 3.2 b2
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:52:19 GMT
hi Kumar,

You did not read the first line.  I already set the env to maximum (32k or 32000)

my regards,
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ramesh Kumar.T
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 8:58 PM
  Subject: Re: tomcat 3.2 b2

  Hi,
  just change the property of the comman prompt change the memory size from auto to 4096 or
greater
  and it will work
  bye
  Ramesh
  trang le wrote:

    I am using tomcat 3.2 b2 on window98 with the ENV set to max(32k). It seems that the main
problem with tomcat 3.2 b2 is  "out of environment space": 1. tomcat did not run if I have
a database (like DB2) on the same machine. 2. without the database, I managed to make it run
with the following tweakings:         a. remove the "%tomcat_opts% -classpath %cp%" from each
command line.         b. replace the run time classpath with the one similar to tomcat 3.1's
( result of action in a. ).         c. replace the line in startup.bat " call %tomcat_home%\bin\tomcat..."
with "call c:\jakart~1\bin\tomcat..."(  sometimes this was not necessary ! ).         d. startup
from a DOS window( to reduce memory requirement ). Please give some feedback. TIA