tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "trang le" <>
Subject Re: tomcat 3.2 b2
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:52:19 GMT
hi Kumar,

You did not read the first line.  I already set the env to maximum (32k or 32000)

my regards,
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ramesh Kumar.T
  Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 8:58 PM
  Subject: Re: tomcat 3.2 b2

  just change the property of the comman prompt change the memory size from auto to 4096 or
  and it will work
  trang le wrote:

    I am using tomcat 3.2 b2 on window98 with the ENV set to max(32k). It seems that the main
problem with tomcat 3.2 b2 is  "out of environment space": 1. tomcat did not run if I have
a database (like DB2) on the same machine. 2. without the database, I managed to make it run
with the following tweakings:         a. remove the "%tomcat_opts% -classpath %cp%" from each
command line.         b. replace the run time classpath with the one similar to tomcat 3.1's
( result of action in a. ).         c. replace the line in startup.bat " call %tomcat_home%\bin\tomcat..."
with "call c:\jakart~1\bin\tomcat..."(  sometimes this was not necessary ! ).         d. startup
from a DOS window( to reduce memory requirement ). Please give some feedback. TIA

View raw message