tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: configuring a single port
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:15:58 GMT
Hi Brian,

> So I would have to comment out
> <!-- Normal HTTP -->
>         <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
>             <Parameter name="handler"
>
> value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
>             <Parameter name="port"
>                 value="8080"/>
>         </Connector>

Tomcat is a web server as well as a JSP/Servlet container.  You're
commenting out the web server portion when you do that.  There are no other
implications of commenting out this line other than removing Tomcat's
ability to respond to HTTP requests.

> If  want apache to handle all Http request and only tell tomcat to handle
> the
> servlet and jsp stuff?

A few days ago, there was a small thread on this.  I'll attach a message
Craig wrote, all of which I keep in a special folder for Tomcat reference
info =p

- r