tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: A JDBC JSP program on Tomcat 3.1 - ClassNotFound
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 18:18:41 GMT
Hi Nive,

I'm not sure if this is related, but I had something strange happen last
nite...  At the top of my page, I have:

import some.package.*;

my useBean line says class="Blah"

later on the page, I refer to some static vars as Blah.STATIC_NAME.
Yesterday, it started saying that it couldn't find the Bean "Blah".  So
wouldn't you think that it wouldn't be able to find any of the static vars
as well?  That's not the case.  All I did was explicitly name the package in
my useBean line and it worked.

Friggy...

Generally, I've found Java/Tomcat CNFEs pretty right-on, except for this one
=)

- r