tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject HELP: Tomcat maxing out, not serving pages
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2000 08:32:23 GMT
Apache is serving statics.  The first thing I did was check tomcat.log.  I
have the log set to DEBUG and the Context debug="9".  Nothing there at all,
just the init stuff.  Next, I checked the work dir.  It is being created, so
I know Tomcat is processing the request.  This is weird:

virtualHostName_8080%2FcontextName/

I wonder why the _8080 has been appended?  Nothing is running on 8080.  My
virtual host is on port 80.  Could this be contributing to the 'problem'?
There is nothing in the work directory.

I imagine the compilation step is what's responsible.  Pages as simple as
"Hello <%= new String("world!") %>" don't work.

Any ideas?

- r