tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth R. Kress <kkr...@home.com>
Subject More 3.2b differences
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:22:48 GMT
Here are some other differences, which spell trouble for me:

I was using request.getPathInfo() to get the "bogus" name
of the file actually being served up through a dispatcher.
It no longer works.

OLD:
  1 request.getContextPath: /intranet
  2 request.getRequestURI: /intranet/jsp/listEmployees.jsp
  3 request.getServletPath: /jsp/listEmployees.jsp
  4 request.getRemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1
  5 request.getRemoteHost:
  6 request.getPathTranslated: /odin/src/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/intranet/find.html
  7 request.getPathInfo: /find.html
  8 HttpUtils: getRequestURL: http://ginger.spice.com/intranet/jsp/listEmployees.jsp
  9 getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRealPath( request.getRequestURI() ):
  /odin/src/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/intranet/intranet/jsp/listEmployees.jsp

NEW:
 1 /intranet
 2 /intranet/jsp/listEmployees.jsp
 3 /jsp/listEmployees.jsp
 4 127.0.0.1
 5
 6 null
 7 null
 8 <forgot the syntax, so I skipped it>
 9 /odin/src/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/intranet/intranet/jsp/listEmployees.jsp

Number 7 was what I wanted; now I got nada.

    Ken.

--
Kenneth R. Kress                                kkress@home.com