tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: jdbc support..
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 07:14:40 GMT
Hi 'gain Bill,

> Hi Rob, Thanks...  I'm not sure that what I am trying to do
> can be done then.   I need to access an MS SQL database
> using JDBC from a Linux Apache platform...   in the past,
>   when coding perl, I used the sybase client libraries
> and sybperl... these aren't java of course.  So, I need a
> jar file from Microsoft ?... but will that work on Linux?
> Or a jar file from Sybase would do it as well I guess.?
> I havne't run into anyone that has done this yet anyway...

So you need to access MSSQL from JSP on *nix?  No problem t'all, but last I
remember, Microsoft wasn't providing the .jar files to access SQL.  I'm sure
you've heard of the terrible time MS has had with Java in the courts =)
Anyways, yes those drivers exist, but you'll most likely have to pay for
them.  We used to use Fast-Forward's, but I'm not sure if that's still the
name of the company or if they even exist.  <checking>  Here's a good place
to start:

http://industry.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers

Hope this helps!

- r