tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Apache & Tomcat cooperation
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:27:03 GMT
> Now I guess I'd still have to have a look at the server.xml file
> at least if I want to specify to TomCat that I want Apache to
> process the static HTML files & images, wouldn't I?

That's one thing I've never been quite sure about, but I really should be =)

For example, let's say you mount your default context to the root of a
virtual host.  Will all requests to that host be sent to Tomcat, even ones
that are for HTML and images?  If so, it would seem as though mounting a
context under a certain path and wanting Apache to serve static files under
that same path while mounted would be mutually exclusive goals.

Anyone mind shedding some light on this?

- Rob