tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject Tomcat internal debug message(s)?
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 09:03:02 GMT
Everything's going cool, i'm getting exceptions in my Tomcat log, and then
all of a sudden, when I should be getting exceptions w/stack, this is all I
get:

Ctx( vhostName: ): JasperException: R(  + /admin/fileName.jsp + null) null

I have one question, "huh?"  =)  I restarted Tomcat and it was still
happening.  Now I'm getting this message:

Ctx( tod2p.fuzz.cx: ): Exception in init  Can't happen - classname is null,
who added this ?
 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who
added this ?
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:244)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:271)

This is all from using JSP w/Beans, no explicitly-coded servlets here.

I was doing heavy dynamic class reloading, so maybe that was funking it up?

Solution: Shut down Tomcat, axe working directory.  Weird, eh?

- r