tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject Resolved? - RE: HELP: Tomcat maxing out, not serving pages
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:35:38 GMT
Tomcat 3.2b2.  First read my previous message, included below.  The section
in my <VirtualHost> is just a cut/paste job from the generated
tomcat-apache.conf, with DocumentRoot and some logging added.

So, it appears as though this:

<Host name="hostname" >
	<Context path="" docBase="/users/myApp/docBase" reloadable="true"
debug="9"/>
</Host>

...works, whereas this does not:

<Host name="hostname" >
	<Context path="/myApp" docBase="/users/myApp/docBase" reloadable="true"
debug="9"/>
</Host>

With the latter configuration, the jasper log shows nothing.  I wonder if
the "%2F" (see original message) is funking things up?  I don't know what
that's supposed to be in the *nix filesystem world.  OH, the '/'?  If it
were some compilation problem, I figure Jasper would crap out at some point,
but it never even gets started (re: doesn't show "JspEngine --> /myJsp.jsp"
line).

This is strange, because the example provided in the server.xml is:

<Host name="127.0.0.1" >
	<Context path="" docBase="webapps/examples" />
	<Context path="/examples" docBase="webapps/ROOT" />
</Host>

...which I remember seeing working.  Then again, that was with my previous
build from sometime in July.

Thoughts anyone?

- r

p.s. Still dunno why says the work directory name should have a suffix of
"8080" when I'm on 80.