tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: RELOAD!!! not working
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:00:05 GMT
Hi,

> I am having the exact same problem and the WEB-INF/classes is NOT in my
> CLASSPATH.  I have read this "solution" here many times, but I assure
> you, it is not.
>
> I'm new to Tomcat, I admit, but if there is a file or something I can
> post to solve this once and for all, please let me know!

Well, we know two things that can inhibit the desired behaviour:

1) Either your WEB-INF/classes or /lib path(s) is/are in the CLASSPATH.
2) Neither is in CLASSPATH, but the class exists somewhere else in your
CLASSPATH.

In addition, I would suggest upgrading to Tomcat 3.2beta2.

If none of these work, the source code is readily available:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-tomcat/

I'm quite positive I'm *nowhere* near most of the pros on this list, but
I've gone through it a couple of times when I wasn't sure about certain
behaviour.  Sure it was time consuming, but I learned a lot about how Tomcat
works in the process, AND about the problem I thought was occuring.

> Otherwise, I'll have to go with another product....

<Rant disposition="mildly agitated">
If you have a question, I'll gladly answer it, but you'll pardon me if I
don't like the tone of the afore-quoted line which closed your email.  This
isn't the customer service department of your local Jiffy Lube.  With that
sort of tone, no one will be in a great hurry to respond to your email.  I
answer questions like yours in my free time, because I don't have the time
(and maybe skill?) to actively contribute to the codebase.  For myself, the
only way I can see to promote this freeware container is to help the people
who want to use it.  So please, next time just post a question and not a
minor threat.

If you'd like to reply personally, write to rslifka@home.com.
</Rant>

I hope that I helped you solve your problem, or at least nudged you in the
right direction.

- r