tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Rumney <jrum...@ipo.att.com>
Subject Re: Can't get session id in URL with encodeURL
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 07:52:33 GMT
Darrel Davis <darrel@davisware.net> writes:

> If I create a session and create some links, passing
> them through enclodeURL, I am unable to pass session
> information between pages with cookies turned off.
>
> The documentation says that if the server determines
> that the browser won't accept cookies, it puts
> the sessionid in the URL.  It does not on my system;
> I just lose the session.
>
> Anyone successful with encodeURL?
>
> This is Tomcat 3.1 Final/Apache 1.3.9 on Linux.

Does it work with Tomcat standalone (port 8080 in the default configuration)?

I have session tracking working without cookies. I had to add the
following configuration to Apache's httpd.conf to get it working
through Apache though:

   <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      RewriteEngine On

      # Force URLs with a jsessionid to go to Tomcat. Necessary because
      # Apache doesn't recognise that the semi-colon is special.
      RewriteRule	^(/.*;jsessionid=.*)$	$1 [T=jserv-servlet]
   </IfModule>

--
Jason Rumney <jrumney@ipo.att.com>
AT&T Labs (Redditch, UK)