tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Harms <j...@clarionmag.com>
Subject Re: Best way to speed up tomcat?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:21:51 GMT
Christoph,

> > Well, a large IBm ES/390 running the current VM/ESA and a sqillion virtual
> > Linux boxes with IBM JDK 118 or 1.3 would take some beating.
>
> Hm, this sounds really interesting. But maybe this is a little bit to much.

There's a very interesting article in the June issue of Linux Journal, p. 52,
which discusses running Linux on a 390. And a P/390 isn't particularly
expensive. I think you want to wait just a bit for the technology to mature,
but I'm giving some serious thought to leasing a P/390 down the road. Wouldn't
be much more expensive than a handful of nice Linux boxes, from what I can
see.

Dave

Dave Harms