tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Labanowski <...@osc.edu>
Subject Re: HELP: GETTING DESPERATE: Virtual Hosting and Static Files: How?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:38:19 GMT
But you see, you are getting exactly what you ask for. The line:

    ApJServMount / ajpv12://localhost:8503

means:

Take everything which follows host/port specification in the URL, e.g;,

   http://my.machine.com:1234/dir/subdir/page.html

the:

/dir/subdir/page.html

and give it to Tomcat.  If you had:

ApJServMount /dir ajpv12://localhost:8503

then only stuff with/under /dir in the URL was passed to Tomcat,
and all other stuff would be handled by Apache, but with bare "/" you instruct
Apache to forward everything to Tomcat...

Jan
jkl@osc.edu

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Steven Punte wrote:

> Dear Tomcat Community:
>
>     I have successfully achieve virtual hosting with tomcat + apache
>     according to the user documentation.
>
>     However, It really seems like ALL static pages are now
>     being severed through tomcat and apache instead
>     of simply apache alone.  This wasn't the case before
>     I started using virtual hosting.
>
>     My virtual host entry is below.
>
>     Has anyone seen this issue and found a solution?
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>
> <VirtualHost  209.204.163.24>
>
>     ServerName cabo.hamsoft.com
>     ApJServMount / ajpv12://localhost:8503
>     ServerAdmin stevep@technologent.com
>     DocumentRoot /var/webrooms/resortbase
>     ServerName webhost0.hamsoft.com
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> PS:
>     Kevin Bedell posted a potential solution, but it requires each
>     application to be adjust.  I'm looking for a generic solution
>     where such an adjustment is not necessary.
>

> STeve Punte
> e-Business Software Architect
> Technologent Inc
> stevep@technologent.com

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/