tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Labanowski <...@osc.edu>
Subject RE: System.err redirected?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:03:05 GMT
People,

Please clarify it for me... I am a slow type and I still use UNIX...

I thought that tomcat.properties, or whatever xxxxx.properties are only
used when in your htppd.conf (or its Include: tomcat.conf), you specify

  ApJServManual off

i.e., when mod_jserv (you are using JServ1.1.1, or the one which comes with
tomcat, don't you/) starts tomcat. But it probably cannot be, since
JServ does:

  java org.apache.jserv.JServ $properties

not  the

  java org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat run|start

which is in tomcat.sh

Or maybe this is a Windows thing and I do not know Windows?...

Please help... I was ignoring tomcat.properties for my whole life
(even my mom was ignoring it...), and now I hear that it is something which
does something... I did not know... What does it do?

Jan
jkl@osc.edu
Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/