tomcat-users mailing list archives

From dayong he cis stnt <dxh4...@oak.njit.edu>
Subject please help me on servlet and JWS.
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:42:51 GMT

I am new to servlet. Maybe you could do me a favor to answer one of my
questions:

I try  to run my servlet in JWS2.0, and in my code, I use the follwing
line to connect to my database:

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
ConnectString = conf.getyInitParameter("ConnectString");
user = conf.getInitParameter("user");
passwd = conf.getInitParameter("passwd");
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(ConnectString, user, passwd);

When I use the Admintools to configure my servlet, I need to add 3
perperties to my servlet - ConnectString, user, passwd.

I am using Oracle Db and JDBC, my version of JDBC class is
jdbc816jdk12-sol_01.zip.

Could you please tell me what value of ConnectString I should use ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Dayong

Dayong He
New Jersey Institute of Technology