tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Paeth" <apa...@fortdearborn.com>
Subject RE: to all newbies
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:29:22 GMT
If you don't need to reference something specific to Tomcat, I just got a
book that seems to be very well written and far more helpful then the other
book I've got.  Keep in mind that I've only read a small portion of the
book.

Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages by Marty Hall

Adam Paeth / apaeth@fortdearborn.com
Advanced Technology Group
Fort Dearborn Company
1530 Morse Ave.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
847-427-5494 voice
847-357-8726 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: K.C. Jones [mailto:kjones@phoenix-pop.com]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 11:50 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: to all newbies

> Not a complaint - just a suggestion.

As specs go, the servlet spec is very accessible.  As a
newbie I've often consulted it and found answers.

But is that really all there is?  There must be some good
reference books and articles that cover this material.

I have found a couple of useful, if not satisfying, sources
on the web.  There is Sun's "What's New in Java Servlet API
2.2?" at
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Servlets/servletap
i/
I'm starting to work with Weblogic and I notice they give an
overview of servlet2.2 info in "Writing a Web Application"
at http://www.weblogic.com/docs50/classdocs/webappguide.html

Anyone have any other URI's or book references?

Cheers,
KC