tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Paeth" <apa...@fortdearborn.com>
Subject InputStream read causing problems
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:30:17 GMT
I've run across an interesting problem...

I'm spawning an external process by getting a RunTime object and executing a
program.  The program runs fine.  However, I'm using an input stream to try
and get the output from the external program and I get a Broken Pipe error
in the tomcat.log.  I've even tried to just get the return code from the
external program. When the JSP page runs, there is no content to the web
page, not even the content before the scriplet that runs the eternal
program.

Has anyone else had this problem or been successful in running an external
program and getting the output and/or return code?

Adam Paeth / apaeth@fortdearborn.com
Advanced Technology Group
Fort Dearborn Company
1530 Morse Ave.