tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Paeth" <apa...@fortdearborn.com>
Subject body content not allowed
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:37:16 GMT
After a painful creating/configuration of my first tag library I've come up
with a new problem...

I have the following tag library

<!DOCTYPE taglib
        PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN"
        "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

<!-- a tag library descriptor -->

<taglib>
  <!-- after this the default space is
        "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd"
   -->

  <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
  <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
  <shortname>page_test</shortname>
  <uri></uri>
  <info>
        tag library for testing
  </info>

  <tag>
    <name>ptest</name>
    <tagclass>page_test</tagclass>
    <info>test tag </info>
    <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
  </tag>
</taglib>

whenever I try to run the page with tags <prefix:ptest> some content
</prefix:ptest> (prefix being the assigned prefix) I get the following error

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary ads-taglib.tld
: Parse Error in the tag library descriptor: Element "tag" does not allow
"bodycontent" here.

I've read through a few sample applications, searched the web, and it looks
like this should work.  Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Adam Paeth / apaeth@fortdearborn.com
Advanced Technology Group
Fort Dearborn Company
1530 Morse Ave.