tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "A. Scott White" <sco...@coderite.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat & Apache
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:18:53 GMT
jim
> Bob/Val,
> You downloaded the tomcat source files. IMHO I don't think this
> is what you intended. This involves compiling Java code and
> getting a few more dependent packages. You want the Tomcat
> binaries. A binary is a package of compiled code that is ready
> to run.

I don't like to contradict anyone, but I'm afraid these people are already
confused enough. Based on the instructions they quoted, it sounds to me like
they did, in fact, download the binaries and not the source.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

A. Scott White
Director of Information Systems and Product Strategy
ACS Healthcare Solutions Group