tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Greb" <jg...@home.com>
Subject RE: session problems
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 23:48:53 GMT

Alex,

For this application I'm not using JSP's. I wrote this app a while back
using my own page compiler (before JSP's), maybe I'll convert it to JSP's
one of these days.

Anyway, At this time, I'm using the HttpSession class in the servlet API.
I'm assuming that cookies are used by the HttpSession class. Under Gefion's
LiteWebServer, a session id is sent to the browser as a cookie. I don't see
the cookie/session id being sent to the browser using Tomcat.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Tang [mailto:altitude@airflash.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2000 6:14 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: session problems

how is your application setup?

Are you calling a servlet from the browser and then having the servlet use
"RequestDispatcher.include()" to send the request on to a JSP file?

if you are, try using "RequestDispatcher.forward()".  There is (an
unconfirmed)
bug with RequestDispatcher.include() where session information is lost.

...alex...