tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Chawla" <raj...@trcs.com>
Subject RE: BindException starting Tomcat the second time
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:30:59 GMT

> > I agree with you that it does not seem to be shutdown
> > properly. The sequence of things I did was:
> >
> > 1) tomcat start
> > 2) Look at example servlets with IE 5
> > 3) tomcat stop
> >
> > After this, whenever I try to do tomcat start or
> > tomcat run I get the BindException.

> If this was a Unix platform, I'd ask if you'd launched any external
> processes (which might have inherited the open file descriptor). Might
> the same thing be happening under NT via a separate thread that you've
> spawned?

Interesting thought, but so far I'm only trying the
servlets in the examples, so my guess is that this
is not the problem.

Do you know of any tools for monitoring socket
connections on NT?

Regards,
Rajesh
Rajesh Chawla                 TR Computing Solutions
http://www.trcs.com           9396 South Princeton Circle
mailto:rajesh@trcs.com        Highlands Ranch CO 80126