tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Einfeldt <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: JDBC/ODBC/SQL Server/Access/Good God!
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 06:12:37 GMT

	Blobs (Postgres get hard to use)
	JDBC Support (FreeTDS doesn't support everything)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David Ornstein [mailto:davido@nuvomedia.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 10. Juni 2000 01:01
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: RE: JDBC/ODBC/SQL Server/Access/Good God!

Yes, actually this is quite helpful.

I must say that I'm kind blown away that I'm going to need to spend
~$1000
just to be able to talk to a relational database from my site.  I'm
building
this thing for a non-profit; normally I wouldn't care.  It just rubs me
the
wrong way.

Are there are really good free/open-source databases that run on
NT/Win2K
(that have free JDBC drivers)?

Anyone?

David