tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: servlet cannot find depending JAR file
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:23:10 GMT
I'm surprised the way you have it doesn't work.  However, there is a
"correct" place for .jar files.  This is in the WEB-INF/lib directory of
your web app.  Any jar files found in this directory get added to the
classpath for that web app.  jakarta-tomcat/lib should be reserved for
things needed to start Tomcat, I believe.

K.C.