tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: System.err redirected?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:01:30 GMT
My experience with Tomcat shows that it does not have stdout and stderr
redirected by default.  I usually edit the line in tomcat.sh that starts the
server by appending the following:

>webserver.log 2>&1

Put that at the end of the line, right before the final &.  That will
redirect stdout and stderr to the file webserver.log in the directory you
start Tomcat from.  If you want stderr and stdout in separate files, just
change &1 to err.log or something like that.  I haven't found a reason to
split them yet.

K.C.