tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brett, Colin" <Colin.Br...@chadwyck.co.uk>
Subject Problem with mod_jserv
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:53:57 GMT
Hi,

I need to install mod_jserv to get Tomcat talking to Apache. Having
downloaded the latest Tomcat source distribution, I tried to install just
the jserv module using the instructions in the tomcat_ug.html file which
came with the source. (Basically I cd-ed to
jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv and used the apxs -c *.c -o
mod_jserv.so command to build the jserv module.)

However, the apxs command fails with the message

apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=167111680

This message appears after all the *.o files have been created in what is
probably the last step of the build (it looks like it's trying to create
mod_jserv.so).

The build is running on a Sun E450 server running Solaris 7. I'm using gcc
and Sun's make command.

Regards
Colin Brett, UNIX Systems Administrator,
Chadwyck-Healey Ltd,
Tel: 01223 271371
Email: colin.brett@chadwyck.co.uk