tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lovdal, Lars" <Lars.Lov...@KPNQwest.com>
Subject RE: Example JSP don't work
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:07:46 GMT
Hello..

Make sure you have the javac-compiler innstalled in your classpath,
accessible for Tomcat.
This means, add the file tools.jar to the classpath before starting Tomcat,
or copy it to Tomcat's lib directory.

An other way to get around this problem, is to install jikes, the native
java compiler from IBM, which would give you a much better speed in
compiling your jsp's.

Lars Løvdal

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Mcmurray [mailto:smcmurray@AOCE.UTAH.EDU]
Sent: 16 June 2000 20:45
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Example JSP don't work

System: RedHat 6.2
	JDK 1.1.2 (Blackdown)
	Tomcat 3.1

Tomcat starts OK, and I can see the first page or two, but when I actually
try to run one of the example JSPs, I get errors like this:

Error: 500

Location: /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp

Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPerror: An
error has occurred in the compiler; please file a bug report
(http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi).
1 error

        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
onnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)