tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wes Mckean <WMck...@us-south.net>
Subject RE: What is it supposed to be when you combined Tomcat and Apache ?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:11:49 GMT
It really doesn't matter what port you are running Tomcat under.  All the
matters is that in the tomcat-apache.conf file, you let Apache know what
port Tomcat is running over.  That is why we include the line:

LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007
AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

That tells Apache that when you get a request for a file with a .JSP
extension, send it to Tomcat on port 8007 using the ajpv12 protocol.  The
other port, HttpSimpleConnection is if you want to use Tomcat as simple HTTP
server, which you do not.  So, it really doesnt matter what you set this
port to.  What's important is that the port value for the
Ajp12ConnectionHandler in server.xml matches the ApJServerDefaultPort in
your configuration file.

I do not have to include the port number to access Tomcat.  I enter

http://localhost/MyServlet.jsp

and it gets redirected to Tomcat.  I also downloaded the binaries from the
Tomcat site.  I never compiled Apache, Tomcat, or the ApacheModuleJServ.dll.

Wes