tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wes Mckean <WMck...@us-south.net>
Subject RE: How to keep Apache's htdocs while let Tomcat run?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:07:48 GMT
In my configuration file, tomcat-apache.conf, I have a couple of lines that
looks like this:

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

This tells apache to route all JSP calls to Tomcat, and all static HTML
files are handled by Apache from HTDOCS.  In my file, these lines are placed
after the ApJServ commands.

The User's Guide that came with my install of Apache has all this in it.

Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Peng [mailto:frank_peng_01@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 9:43 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to keep Apache's htdocs while let Tomcat run?

Thanks Bill!

By including the tomcat-apache.conf file in the
httpd.conf file instead of copy and paste this file at
the end of httpd.conf then change the server.xml
httpconnectionhandle port number from 8080 to 80, now
I can see Apache 1.3.12(win32) Tomcat/1.0 running.

Now the problem is every thing in the Apache htdocs
and cgi-bin directory disappeared. How can I find
those content back. It seems now Tomcat take every
thing and ignoring Apache.
Should I copy all of the files from Apache htdocs and
cgi-bin to /jakarta-tomcat/webapps/root/ ? Or there is
a trick to let Tomcat leave Apache alone and Tomcat
only do his own business ?

Please give a hand.

Thanks!

Frank Peng.