tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wes Mckean <WMck...@us-south.net>
Subject RE: Jakarta-Tomcat NT service wrapper
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:21:42 GMT
You need to make sure that the Jakarta service has the same permissions when
it logs into NT as you do when you run it from the command line.  It
probably can't see the DSN because it is logged in using the system login.

Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Higgins William [mailto:Higgins_William@prc.com]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 11:08 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Cc: 'shachor@il.ibm.com'
Subject: Jakarta-Tomcat NT service wrapper

Hello,
	I am working with Tomcat trying to get it working as a service on an
NT 4.0 box.  I can successfully use Tomcat with my servlets from the command
line.
	When I start up the Jakarta-NT Service feature, it doesn't work
properly.
	I start the service
	I can run the example servlets that are distributed with Tomcat
	As soon as I connect to a real database though, I receive a 500
error

		Location: /examples/servlet/GetToolServlet
		Internal Servlet Error:
		java.lang.NullPointerException

	Which is the same error I get if tomcat is not running.

	I went back in and checked the jvm.stderr file that was set up by
the NT service and found this error

		java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data
source name not 			found and no default driver
specified

	Now I know that the Microsoft driver is set up and works correctly
because I can run the same servlets when Tomcat is started from the command
line and receive valid (no error) output.  Please advise on how I can
overcome this error.
	Send any correspondence to higgins_william@prc.com.  Thanks

William Bryan Higgins
Litton PRC