tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Higgins William <Higgins_Will...@prc.com>
Subject Jakarta-Tomcat NT service wrapper
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:07:41 GMT
Hello,
	I am working with Tomcat trying to get it working as a service on an
NT 4.0 box.  I can successfully use Tomcat with my servlets from the command
line.
	When I start up the Jakarta-NT Service feature, it doesn't work
properly.
	I start the service
	I can run the example servlets that are distributed with Tomcat
	As soon as I connect to a real database though, I receive a 500
error

		Location: /examples/servlet/GetToolServlet
		Internal Servlet Error:
		java.lang.NullPointerException

	Which is the same error I get if tomcat is not running.

	I went back in and checked the jvm.stderr file that was set up by
the NT service and found this error

		java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data
source name not 			found and no default driver
specified

	Now I know that the Microsoft driver is set up and works correctly
because I can run the same servlets when Tomcat is started from the command
line and receive valid (no error) output.  Please advise on how I can
overcome this error.
	Send any correspondence to higgins_william@prc.com.  Thanks

William Bryan Higgins
Litton PRC