tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Higgins William <Higgins_Will...@prc.com>
Subject Problems with connection
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 15:45:20 GMT

	I have been using Jakarta-tomcat for a little over a month.  I
currently use tomcat-apache to display java servlets built to attach to an
MS '97 database residing on the computer.  Up until last week that every
tomcat seemed to work ok but I was still having some problems with multiple
connections through my servlets.  For example I would call 2 different
servlets that accessed the database and would receive a null pointer error
in one browser and in the 2nd window tomcat would display the 1st window's
request correctly with the 2nd windows address in the bar.
	In my effort to solve this problem, I tried many things from
changing my servlet code to changing properties in the database and odbc
control panel.  When I did this, tomcat stopped working correctly.  By that
I mean when I requested something from the tomcat server after completing
the request it would shut down.
	Not being able to do anything about it, I deleted the Tomcat server,
odbc drivers and took access off the machine.  Now have reinstalled
everything.
	At this point I have the tomcat server running (without apache) and
am able to access the sample servlets several times in a sequence.  However,
when I run my own servlets, I get the results completely from 1 servlet and
then the tomcat server shuts down with the following error dialog box.

	A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data.
	(Network Error:  Connection reset by peer)
	Try connecting again.

If you have seen this error or have any questions please contact me at my
email address.  This is very important and time critical.  Thanks for your
help

William Bryan Higgins
Litton PRC
Office:  703.556.1867