tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bedell, Kevin" <KBed...@cmgi.com>
Subject RE: failing the test
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:54:54 GMT
It may help to make sure your tomcat.sh doesn't have to go through the logic
to "guess" the TOMCAT_HOME. This can be gotten around in several ways.

The first and most direct is to edit the tomcat.sh file directly and insert
a line similar to "TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat" at the top of the file (of
course the path should point to the Tomcat home on your machine).

The second way is to create a .tomcatrc in the same directory as tomcat.sh.
Then put the TOMCAT_HOME= command in that file. The .tomcatrc file is read
by tomcat.sh when it first launches (if the file exists).

The third is to put the command directly in your .login for the user you are
loggin in as.

I set mine the first way I described, though using the .tomcatrc approach is
probably the cleanest way.

This should simplify the processing inside tomcat.sh and may avoid errors.