tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bedell, Kevin" <KBed...@cmgi.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosting and Static Files: How?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:26:14 GMT
Certainly from the look of your entry, all files are being puled through
Tomcat.

In general, the doc's DO tell you to configure Virtual Servers to have them
serve all files below the "ApJservMount" point through Tomcat. Here's the
best I can figure - though I hope there's a better solution:

1.    Move the app below the "/" directory:

        Maybe instead of:       ApJServMount / ajpv12://localhost:8503

        Use:                          ApJServMount /myapp
ajpv12://localhost:8503

2.    Have Apache serve all files from "/", and Tomcat all files from
"/myapp".

3.    In your .JSP/Servlet files, reference images from an Apache "/images"
alias - eg, "/images/image1.gif"
      Don't use subdirectory addressing such as "images/image1.gif" - this
will pull them through Tomcat.

4.    Look to pull other static content the same way - define an apache
alias and reference the files similar to #3.

This minimizes the problem.

There were also examples in the docs of having Apache serve all files in a
directory except .JSP's, but these examples weren't valid for Virtual
Hosting.

Anyone have a better way?