tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bedell, Kevin" <KBed...@cmgi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat + SSL
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:51:37 GMT

Correct. In the default Server.xml file, there are TWO <CONNECTOR
...></CONNECTOR> tags. One (port 8007 default) is for the ajpv12
communications. The second (port 8080 default) enables Tomcat as an HTTP
server as well. Comment out or delete the HTTP connector.

> > In the "tomcat.conf" file (which will be read in at the end of your
> > httpds.conf file) put lines similar to the following:
> > ApJservMount /examples ajpv12://localhost:8007/examples
>
> (I'm assuming "httpds.conf" was simply a typo, and not a
> config file that I
> am unaware of. Is that right?)

When running Apache in SSL, I've seen the httpd.conf named httpsd.conf
instead. This is the main Apache configuration file.

<snip>
> As I think about this it seems more like a web server issue
> than a Servlet container issue.
<snip>

Scott - you are exactly correct. Set up Apache (the web/http server) to only
accept https, not http. Then configure Tomcat as usual. This will do what
you are seeking.