tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Levine <Da...@PLAYLINK.com>
Subject Single context at root-level webapps
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:29:19 GMT
Is there a way to have Tomcat (standalone) utilize a single webapp, located
at the document root?

By default, Tomcat is automatically treating each directory in webapps as a
separate context.  I took a look at some of the source code, such as
org.apache.tomcat.context.AutoSetup and there (to my eyes, anyway) doesn't
appear to be any way around this.

The only thing I can think of doing right now is to take evrything I
currently have in "webapps", and make a single subdirectory and place
everything in there.  That, of course means that every URL someone uses to
access the site will need the name of this subdirectory in it.  Sort of
annoying and redundant when the entire site is only one context.  I could
probably then combine Tomcat with Apache and use mod-rewrite to get around
this problem.  However, this seems like a lot of beating around the bush for
a fairly simple outcome.

Thanks for any help,
David