tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lasseter Gary W (Contractor)" <gary.lasse...@logsa.army.mil>
Subject addCookie() and sendRedirect() why does cookie not get set?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:56:25 GMT
Folks,
I'm setting a cookie with resp.addCookie() and later on using
sendRedirect() to go to another .html...  My cookies will not set.
Is my HttpServletResponse getting trashed?

I can get a PrintWriter
and out put stuff and the cookie gets set - just can't use sendRedirect().

For now I'm outputting (with PrintWriter) "...<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"
Content=0; URL="page.html">..." which is a HTML technique for redirection.
I hate doing it this way.

Is there a way to make addCookie() work in combination with sendRedirect()?

later,
gary